Living in the heart of Nature - Ten Portraits
The book on the trendy topic of Conscious Living: getting out and starting afresh in harmony with nature, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, reflecting on the essentials.
Ten extraordinary lifestyles from all over the world, beautifully photographed.
Inspiration for all those who long for closeness to nature and a free way of lifeBetween 2015 and 2020, photographer Brice Portolano travelled from the islands of Alaska to the Patagonian steppe and from the forests of Lapland to the highlands of Iran to photographically stage the daily lives of ten extraordinary people.
They have all turned their backs on their old lives and dared to make a radical new start: in the middle of the great outdoors they have built a life away from the hustle and bustle of the city, usually without a telephone signal or internet access. Although this is sometimes very arduous, it means freedom, self-determination and fulfilment as well as the feeling of having found the right place in the world: in the heart of nature and in harmony with oneself.
Ten exciting portraits of alternative lifestyles have been created:
1. Tinja, the dog sled driver in Lapland
2. Ali, the Persian horseman
3. Barny, the self-supporter in a circus wagon in Cumbria, England
4. Zaya, the reindeer herder in the Mongolian taiga
5. George, the hostel father in Tuscany
6. Sylwia, the artist on the Greek island of Lefkada
7. Sky, the Argentinean goucha
8. Ben, the hunter in Utah, USA
9. Jerry, the oyster farmer in Alaska
10. Elena, the lighthouse keeper in Norway